Consider yourself blessed if you have oily skin. Once you grow older, the oil bemoaned now will help you as a built-in lubricant. Ofcourse, you need to deal with shiny nose and greasy cheeks…. But don’t fight, control it!!
Cleansing - Try an oil-binding liquid or gel cleanser formulated for oily skin. Also avoid using “super fatted” soaps that contain oily ingredients such as cocoa butter, cleansing cream, or lanolin.
La Roche-Posay EFFACLAR GEL FACIAL WASH FOR OILY SKIN -
Moisturising - Depending on the oiliness of the skin, you may not need to use the moisturiser at all. But if you think you need one, go for moisturisers that contain humectants (ingredients that attract and hold water) such as glycerin and sodium pyrrolidonecarboxylic acid (PDA). These ingredients trap water in your skin without producing a greasy shine. Also choose lotion, they are lighter than creams and tend to contain less oil, so they won’t clog pores.
Rahul Phate Liposoft Optimum Hydration Moisturiser -
Cosmerit Activating Toner Essence - 120 ml
Amayra Naturals Ziya Vitamin C Serum [15% ] Hyaluronic + Turmeric Hydrosol
Cosmetics - Opt for oil-free and water based foundations. They won’t add extra oil to an already oily complexion. Other options are oil-blotting foundations and powders, which delay shine by soaking up excess oil. Use powder rather than cream blushers.
The Lip Bar Set The Tone Finishing Powder
The Lip Bar Skin Glow Highlighting Serum
The Lip Bar Glow On Highlighting Blush
The Lip Bar FRESH GLOW
Sun Protection - Many people with oily skin shy away from sunscreens, fearing that the oil they contain will trigger breakouts. Oil-free sunscreens can keep your skin safe from solar assault without adding extra shine.
La Rochey-Posay ANTHELIOS CLEAR SKIN OIL FREE SUNSCREEN SPF 60
Rahul Phate Gaurangi Sunscreen Lotion
- Cleanse your face twice a day - In the morning and before the bed - with mild liquid cleanser formulated for oily skin
- Use astringents no more than once a day. Better don’t use them at all.
- Choose an oil-free or oil-in-water moisturiser if needed
- Use oil-free or oil-blotting foundation and powder and powder blusher to stop oily shine and head off breakouts.
- Use an oil-free sunscreen with and SPF of at least 15 everyday
- Overscrub your skin. Oil is the skin’s protective barrier.
- Cleanse your face more than twice a day
- Develop an astringent addiction
- Use moisturiser if not needed
- Keep slapping on powder to mop up oil - your skin will look chalky.