A visit to a facialist for a skin-reviving treatment is a rare indulgence for most of us. But we can have amazing masks, scrubs, creams, oils and transforming techniques that can be used at home to give your skin real boost… plus insider tips from the expert…
There are several ways to wake up your face fast. You can go to the D-I-Y route, which is infinitely cheaper and more accessible. We definitely love facials, but realistically who has the money or time to indulge more than once in a Blue Moon??
Your daily routine is one thing but its easy to be lulled - out of sheer inertia and/ or laziness - into doing the same routine for your skin, day in, night out. You can achieve a huge amount - near miraculous with a simple at home blitz.
5-minutes fix for Tired Faces!
- Put a little facial oil in one palm and rub hands together, then smooth over face, neck and bosom.
- Rather than fingertips, use the big muscle in the cushion at the base of your thumb, always working upwards.
- Start by fanning out over and round your neck, then work round and up your forehead to your hairline
- Repeat, covering the whole face for five minutes. The oil will be absorbed, skin velvety, and your face look rosy and ‘lifted’
Try this if you have 15-minutes or more!
- Smooth your favourite facial oil over your entire face and neck
- Cup your hands over the nose and mouth, breathe in and out deeply
- Tug your earlobes with thumb and index finger. Then with fingertips, use firm, circular movements to massage from behind ears to base of neck.
- From the point of your chin, work up and outwards along the jaw to your ear; then from the corners of your mouth over the cheeks to the ear; then from the base of the nose to the top of the ear. Repeat the whole sequence three times.
- Sweep your fingertips firmly over your eyebrows, then under, then gently pinch along them. Repeat twice
- Pressing firmly with your middle fingers, circle the eyes beginning above the inner corners and working outwards. Repeat three times.
- From the centre of your forehead, just above the nose, zigzag middle fingers in small, firm motions out to the temples; repeat working up the forehead.
- With the side of your index finger (held vertically), smooth skin from centre of face outwards, beginning with your forehead, then sides of nose, middle of mouth and centre of chin
- Finish by breathing deeply, hands cupped over your mouth and nose.
CERAVE USA Skin Renewing Gel Oil
Along with your finger tips, you can also use some tools like jade roller, gua-sha which is easy to use at home for the same strokes as mentioned above.
mCaffeine Gua Sha - Green Quartz
mCaffeine Jade Roller - Face Massager